Starting a child in Paediatric Physiotherapy
We work hand in hand with families, respecting individual client needs and expectations. Every child is unique and hence, the first step involves a detailed evaluation based on current evidence based practice, to identify strengths and areas of potential improvement. After the initial evaluation, an individually tailored treatment plan is established to achieve the appropriate goals set in collaboration with family members. In our clinic, structured play activities take the form of therapeutic exercises to accomplish the desired goals set during therapy, while engaging a child’s attention and motivation. We believe in holistic approach which addresses:
- Muscle and joint function
- Strength and endurance
- Cardiopulmonary status
- Posture and balance
- Oro-motor skills & feeding
- Fine motor skills
- Sensory & Neuromotor development
- Cognitive development
- Assessing the need for braces or orthotics and other durable medical equipment, such as standing frames and wheelchairs to facilitate independence and participation.
- Educating parents about their child’s specific condition and getting them actively involved in therapy and progressive home exercise programs to ensure sustenance of therapy.
Common medical diagnosis appropriate for Paediatric Physiotherapy
We incorporate many skilled intervention approaches to treat conditions such as:
- Cerebral palsy (CP)
- Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- Developmental Co-ordination Disorder (DCD)
- Down Syndrome
- Rehabilitation of children and adolescents post sports injuries or surgeries.
- Developmental delays
- Genetic disorders and syndromes
- Congenital anomalies
- Orthopedic disabilities/injuries
- Cardio-Pulmonary rehabilitation in Paediatric conditions.
- Juvenile rheumatoid arthritis
- Birth defects such as Spina bifida, Hydrocephalus, etc.
- Acute trauma- Spinal cord injury
- Traumatic Brain injury
- Postural and gait deviations
- Neuro-muscular disorders: Muscular dystrophy, Spinal Muscular Atrophy, etc.
- Metabolic disorders in children leading to developmental delay, etc.
To arrange an appointment with our Paediatric Physiotherapist call 800 UAE (823).