Seniors living at your homes once again starts behaving like kids after they reach their golden years. Particularly, in terms of paying attention to their health & medical condition and taking care of themselves. In a fast-paced city like Dubai, surrounded with our busy schedules all the time and lack of proper knowledge about elderly care, we often end up neglecting the health of the loving seniors at our homes and can’t provide them with the quality of life that they deserve coming to their golden years. In fact, not picking up the symptoms in time, related to ill-health of the elderly population at your household can be a serious threat for them, as it may require them to be hospitalized and also could be a reason for a big strain on your financial resources because of long-term hospitalization expenses. Be it taking the right care of the elders at your home, keep you updated about their health & medical condition by picking the symptoms of their health in time for you take measures or dealing with situations and illnesses such as post-operative care & recovery, Alzheimer’s and Dementia etc, or general care there could be no better solution than elderly home care from the comfort of your home by professional nurses adept in elderly care.
What Does Specialized Elderly Care Involves?
Elderly care services aim to maintain and improve the quality of life of the elderly population with practical support for everyday activities and helping them with personal care such as dressing, eating meals, medications etc. However, it’s not restricted to general home health care of the elderly alone. It’s about timely understanding & monitoring of their health condition from their health symptoms and keep you informed about it. Dedicated & trained elderly care experts assist seniors suffering from various specific age-related health conditions & health issues. Overall, elderly care aims to relieve you of your worries regarding the health of the elderly at the home that gives you a feeling that they are in safe hands.
Elderly Care is not limited to Personal Care only but includes:
- Monitor vital signs: Check temperature, readings in case of Diabetes and Hypertension, pulse etc.
- Wound care, skin care and infection control in a home environment
- Daily activities – Bathing, Feeding, Dressing
- Maintaining a medical records log
- Maintaining nutrition and diet
- Assisting with toileting issues
- Walking and exercise assistance
- Engaging in mental physical activities
Elderly Care for patients with specific health conditions
Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care
Alzheimer’s could be an unnerving experience for your elder. All it needs you is to stay calm. An elderly care expert can help you in the following manner:
- Helps not just patient but family members to remain calm and ensure patient remains safe at home.
- Tries to socially engage the patient in facilitating constant social interaction
- Plans and executes activities that constantly stimulates the mind of the patient
- Helps minimize the patient’s changing behaviour
Caring for your loved elder is undoubtedly a matter of joy but at the same time, it can be an emotionally draining and exhaustive. Respite care aims at giving the family caregiver a break to reduce the physical, emotional, financial consequences that can be overwhelming for the caregiver and the family.
This will typically include;
- Provide appropriate care, ensure the safety of the patient in case of absence of the caregiver or any family member.
- Relieving family members from the constant responsibility of providing care to the patient
- Attending to all self-help needs of the patient in absence of the caregiver
Postoperative care and Recovery
Longer stays in hospitals could have an impact on the emotional self of the elderly, make him lose his ability to do an everyday task, lose mobility and could incur a huge financial burden on the family. Elderly care from the comfort of home can be an effective solution during the recovery period.
Advantages of Postoperative care
- Provide a solution for the patient to rest at home while getting treatment just as in the hospital.
- Elderly care experts will do a thorough assessment of the condition of the patient & accordingly, plan their care.
- It takes care right from initial assessment, planning the care and recovery.
- All services are tailored to the individual needs of the patient by expert nurses.
Elders are most precious. The love they share for us is blissful and takes every new generation ahead to achieve their life’s goals. It’s time to love them back in their golden years by spending more quality time with them and to do so nothing can beat Nightingale Dubai’s elderly care services for the complete care of your elder at home at every stage, all condition in the best year’s of their lives.