At home care after delivery, is a great step to take if you feel you would like support, after major surgery, providing postnatal care for Mother and Baby. Nightingale Home Nurses have undertaken extensive education and training, with regards to post-operative complications. Aiming to reduce the risk of complications, in the care of your home.
The home care nurse plays a critical role in providing 24/7 care to the mother care after Cesarean delivery.
All our nurses are DHA licensed.
Nightingale Home Nursing Clinical Post-Operative Services include:
- Monitoring your vital signs of new mothers as part of holistic care after Cesarean delivery.
- Observing the wound site for any indications of infection.
- Observing and redressing your wound using Aseptic Non-Touch Technique.
- Observing the wound for intactness and stage of healing.
- Assess, treat, manage and monitor your pain.
- Provide measures to enhance circulation to the lower extremities such as range of motion exercises, ambulation to prevent developing a DVT.
- Access and monitor voiding and bowel habit post-operatively, including carrying out post-operative catheter care and management.
- Helping to establish a routine with your newborn baby, including assisting with night sleeps to help promote routine for mother and baby.
- Care for your newborns
What constitutes of Co Sleeping?
What is Co Sleeping? In simple words, it’s when the mother and baby sleep on
Mastitis and Lactation
Answers to the most common questions about Mastitis in lactating women. Q. Is it OK
How to reduce the risk of SIDS (Sudden Infant Death Syndrome)
One of the biggest worries for many new parents is sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS),