Wound Care and Stoma Care
Many patients and families feel overwhelmed with their hospital Discharge instructions regarding correct techniques for carrying out proper wound care.
At Nightingale Home Nursing, we can assist you or a loved one to promote wound recovery, prevent complications and give you nutritional counselling using an individualized evidence-based wound care plan.
We can also communicate and collaborate with your treating physician regarding patients progress towards healing as well as treatment options.
Catheter Care and Management
Catheterization may be done in the hospital to relieve an acute or chronic urinary retention, to drain urine preoperatively, to determine the amount of residual urine after voiding, or to determine accurate measurement of urinary drainage in critically ill patients.
Many patients and family feel overwhelmed when discharged home with a catheter in place. We believe Maintaining the patient’s privacy, dignity and safety is of paramount importance while carrying out your Catheter care and prevention of infection. Nightingale Nurses can assist you or a loved one with health education, proper hygiene and catheter care maintenance to promote your independence and self-confidence.
Diabetes management at home
Our nurses are fully licensed to assist you or a loved one with capillary blood glucose monitoring, insulin administration and diabetic meal plan preparation.
- Perform home assessment for adequate nutritional resources
- Reteach and assess the family’s adherence to insulin administration and blood glucose monitoring
- Reteach and assess the families’ ability to respond to hypoglycaemia, insulin shock and diabetic acidosis and knowledge of related emergency management
- Measures to prevent stress
- Measures to prevent infection
- Escort you or your loved one to medical appointments