PCR test at home
- Want to do a Covid test at your home in Dubai?
- Are you worried about visiting your local hospital or clinic or a drive through Covid test center for getting a PCR test done?
- Want to get a Covid-19 test (PCR test) done for your travel ?
Nightingale Health Services can provide you the Covid PCR test at home in Dubai.
What is home PCR test
Viral test / RT PCR test (Reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction): The sample is collected using a nasal swab and sent to the lab for testing. The swab will be inserted in the cavity between the nose and mouth and kept for 15 seconds and rotated several times. This has to be done by an DHA registered expert nurse so that a proper sample is collected.
- Book a test using the enquiry form call our toll free number 800 UAE(823).
- Check for the availability and confirmation from our admin team.
- Our DHA (Dubai Health Authority) certified nurse will come to your home for swab collection with proper precautionary measures taken.
- The collected sample will be tested in approved labs.
- You will get the results by email from the lab.
If you are experiencing high fever or other symptoms of Covid-19, please let us know prior. You may need to go to an emergency facility.
COVID Antibody test at home
When you want to know how well you are protected against the Novel Corona Virus, the best way is to an antibody count test.
Antibodies are proteins fighting against the virii. When you get infected or vaccinated, your body produce an antibody. After you recover from a covid infection (or few weeks after the vaccination), the antibodies stay. These antibodies help in future protection from the virus (Called immunity). It usually takes 1-3 weeks for antibodies to form after you get infected. We currently do spike (S) protein. No nucleocapsid (N) protein antibody test.
Note: To see if you are currently infected, you need a PCR test from home.
Frequently asked questions about COVID test from home:
We conduct COVID-19 polymerase chain reaction (PCR) testing to check for active infection. We also do COVID-19 Antibody spike (S) protein tests.
The results are available in within 6 to 48 hrs depending on the type of package you select
Yes, the tests are valid for international travel and the results will be updated in Al-Hosn app. Note: Please contact your airlines and confirm the Covid test type you need. Certain travel destinations and airlines do not accept antibody testing.
Our registered home nurse will use a swab to collect a sample of nasal secretions. This is done by inserting the swab into your nostril approximately 1 inch into the nasal passage (midway) with the most visible drainage or the nostril that is most congested if drainage is not present. The swab is rotated several times, removed gently and this process is repeated on the other side
Your results will be emailed to you by the laboratory.
Yes. Please use the above form to send us the details and our admin team will get in touch to schedule a time convenient for you.
You may have an uneasy sensation when the swab is inserted to your nostril for collecting the sample. We assure you our nurses will be gentle and make the process less painful as possible.
We are a licensed agency by Dubai Health Authority and we work with Highly reputed labs for doing tests. The link to DHA website is here
DHA guidelines if you are tested positive for COVID
- A person with a positive PCR test result for COVID-19, irrespective of clinical symptoms, is considered to be a confirmed case. It is important to note that the result should be from an approved medical facility.
- Isolate yourself immediately in a separate room after getting your positive PCR result and immediately inform your direct manager and HR department.
- Install the COVID-19 DXB App and follow the required steps.
- If you do not have any symptoms, you still have to complete the 10-day home or institutional isolation. You don’t have to undergo another PCR test once the isolation period is complete.
- If the confirmed case begins to develop any symptoms, he/she can call the DHA toll-free number on 800 342 to book a virtual medical consultation through the “Doctor for Every Citizen” service or book an appointment to do a COVID test from home.
- Upon completing the isolation period, the confirmed case will get a clearance certificate via SMS.
- If the confirmed case cannot meet the conditions of home isolation, he/she can contact 800 342 to request for a transfer to an institutional isolation facility.
(as on 01 January 2022)
Fill this form for home PCR test
We are doing home tests (sample collection) for Antibody and PCR tests at the moment. We are an approved agency, licensed by the DHA to get the samples collected from home and do PCR or antibody tests.
Suggested reading :
*The data listed here might change from time to time and is sourced from different places. Probably the biggest influencing factor in terms of disease