1. Fully understand and practice all your rights. If, for any reason, you don’t understand them, it is NIGHN responsibility to provide all the required help including providing an interpreter (If any).
2. Receive care and respect of your personal values and beliefs from all staff without discrimination, according to DHA’s rules and regulations.
3. Receive comprehensive care aiming at reaching proper management of your needs as per the requested service(s).
4. Know the identity of the staff responsible for your care.
5. Receive comprehensive information about your case, care, proposed management, alternative treatments, expected outcomes of care, advantages and disadvantages, possible problems and expected results of ignoring the treatment in a simple understandable manner.
6. Have an interpreter (upon availability) if the language presents a barrier to understanding details of your comprehensive care.
7. Give your written General / Informed Consent for care service upon care initiation.
8. Participate in your care decision-making. NIGHN encourages patients, parents or legal guardians to participate in planning and implementing the care with nurses.
9. Obtain a discharge summary upon discharge from care.
10. Expect privacy during the performance of all examinations, procedures, and treatment, and NIGHN maintains confidentiality of all your information.
11. Refuse the care service. Thus, the staff nurse must inform you of the consequences of your refusal. Accordingly, you shall sign a form with your decision.
12. Be protected during care from any physical, verbal or psychological assault.
13. Receive complete explanation of causes to be transferred to another care centre, consequent obligations (financial and administrative – if any) and alternatives. Then, the management will make all necessary arrangements to obtain the alternate medical centre’s approval to receive the referred patient before starting the transfer process.
14. Receive – upon your request – an itemized bill explaining all charges regardless paid by yourself or by other sources.
15. You have the right to suggest and complain on services through filling a complaint form or directly through communicating with NIGHN management.
16. You have the right to get appropriate assessment and management of pain through well-known therapies and to get all necessary information in this regard.
17. NIGHN is committed to provide terminally ill and dying patients with decent and compassionate care respecting their unique needs, according to DHA’s regulations.
1. Respect the organization’s rules and regulations.
2. Show consideration for others and deal with staff with respect.
3. Provide complete and accurate information about present complaints, past illness, previous hospitalization and treatment and any known drug allergy.
4. Follow the Nurse’s instructions.
5. Hold the responsibility for refusing or not following the care plan, after being informed about the potential consequences of this decision.
6. Ensure that financial obligations due for NIGHN are fulfilled promptly (if any).