What is Prenatal Classes or Antenatal Classes:
We provide comprehensive and well structured prenatal classes for new mothers.
A helping hand to navigate yourself through pregnancy from the 3rd trimester to birth and the first time after delivery is something you need when you become an new mother. Our prenatal or antenatal class and training session is a great educational programme made by midwife malin to make you physically and mentally fit for your pregnancy journey.
What is included in the prenatal training course:
The programme is set into four sections viz.
- Session 1 : 3rd trimester
- Session 2 : Labour & Delivery
- Session 3 : Breastfeeding / Bottle feeding
- Session 4 : Newborn babies and Coming home from hospital
Welcome your newborn with confidence.
Detailed breakdown of the prenatal / antenatal class training is as follows:
(You will have plenty of coffee breaks and bananas with some movie time):
There are two options you can choose from:
- Full class – 4 sessions 2 hours each
- Split sessions 2 hours each
Session 1 : the 3rd trimester to birth and the first time after delivery
- 3rd trimester
- Self hygiene
- Exercise, kegel exercises
- Signs and symptoms of: Anemia, high Blood pressure, Preeclampsia, premature contractions, infection, placenta associated bleeding, palpitations, vena cava pressure, symphysis, bleeding / discharge after delivery, contractions, blues, and hormone changes
- Brainstorming / discussion
- Relaxing and Breathing exercises together (with equipment)
Session 2: Labour & Delivery
- Questions from last session
- Signs and symptoms of labour
- The 3 labour stages
- When to call the hospital / doctor?
- What happens when arriving at the hospital?
- What to bring to the hospital
- How to cope during labour
- Pain relief methods
- Delivery methods
- First hours after birth
- MOVIE TIME ALONG WITH COFFEE AND BANANA
Session 3 : Breastfeeding/ Bottle feeding
- Questions from last session
- First 24 hrs
- Day 3-4
- Position/ technique
- Feeding pattern/frequency/Timings/Duration
- Skin to Skin
- Common problems
- Cup feeding
- Bottle feeding
- Practical demonstration with equipment ( doll and demo-breast)
- Movie: Skin to skin/ babies position and latching etc
- Relaxing and Breathing exercises
Session 4: Newborn babies and Coming home from hospital
- First 24 hrs after birth
- Skin to skin
- Tests and procedures
- Observation of newborn baby
- Baby table
- Common complications direct to birth
- Rashes and Dry skin
- Umbilical cord
- Bringing your baby home
- Managing a newborn
- How to activate the emergency system in UAE
- Practical demonstrations, baby table, sleeping positions etc
Enquire about prenatal classes!
If you are applying for a job, please use the career page.
Suggested reading :
Are you planning to step into the exciting phase of motherhood? It can be the most blissful moment in your life to give birth to
Parenthood can be an exciting phase in your life. A professional pregnancy caregiver or a pregnancy caregiver agency can make your childbirth a safe, smooth